Serve as the Administrative Support Assistant for the National Field Office of Agricultural Marketing System (AMS), Dairy Program. Responsible for assisting the Administrative Officer by providing technical guidance and oversight of the day-to-day administrative service operations for the National Field Office. Also responsible for performing technical support in the areas of budget, personnel, and billings and collections.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage customer accounts in various billing programs, reviewing financial printouts for accuracy, monitoring delinquent accounts and preparing certificates.
- Support supervisory staff by overseeing the billing and collection activities of the National Field Office to ensure that all documents are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and initiate statistical reports on office fiscal activities. Responsible for all documents related to the office's accounting system. Recommend modified, new or additional accounting methods.
- Assist program managers in monitoring the travel costs of field staff and recommends ways to economize on expenditures. Provide interpretation of Federal Travel Regulations to the staff.
- Utilize a variety of software packages, including the Electronic Certificate Program, Concur travel system, NFC Pro Client, WORD, Excel, eDocs, and DBIGS.
- Assist supervisors in matters pertaining to equipment, telephones, facilities, supplies, and GSA vehicles.
- Carry out the basic and operational personnel activities of the NFO. Maintains current records of all personnel changes for hiring limits, financial reports, and reference purposes.
- Provide guidance on procedural aspects such as insurance, retirement, workers' compensation, benefits, salary inquiries, service computation dates, overtime, travel and time and attendance.
- Researches requests for information from agencies, organizations, or individuals (Federal, State or private), which often involve sensitive information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544620300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.