You will serve as an Engineer/Scientist in the Future Combat Systems Division, Integrated Combat Systems Department of NAVSURFWARCENDLD. If selected, you will coordinate and provide technical direction for initiatives across the Future Combat Systems Division portfolio.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide technical and programmatic leadership in areas such as Combat System Integration of new capabilities, Mission Thread Development, Future Focused Combat Systems Engineering, Virtualization Engineering, etc.
- You will assess health and status of technical projects within the division and provide recommendations to project leads, program directors, and line management.
- You will create an environment to foster mentoring and technical growth of junior developers/engineers.
- You will assist Division Head and Branch Heads in implementing the technical vision for all tasking across the Future Combat Systems Division.
- You will provide technical leadership, technical evaluation and recommendations, risk management, and the development of sound solutions and mitigation strategies in the context of technical rigor, quality, and engineering best practices.
- You will think strategically while multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and align Warfare Center thrusts with those of the sponsor.
- You will integrate and coordinate technical efforts and effectively partner with contractor, academia, and government team members to provide coordinated, effective, and cost-efficient products.
- You will communicate effectively and externally up to and including Flag/SES levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544592900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.