As a Biomedical Engineer (Clinical), you will assist in the hospital-wide Biomedical Engineering Program serving all departments throughout the medical center, VA clinics, and Home Based Health Care.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m., unless alternate tour is approved by the superivsor.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and implements new programs and projects affecting the department.
- Involved in the Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Management program.
- Developing and improving complex medical equipment systems.
- Facilitating the introduction of new medical equipment into the medical center.
- Assists in reviewing, comparing, and selecting medical equipment for use in the medical center.
- Evaluating functional and operational requirements of medical and engineering systems to establish and confirm specific requirements for final application.
- Assists in developing policies and guidelines for the installation, maintenance and electrical safety or a wide variety of equipment systems.
- Assisting with implementation of preventative maintenance programs for all medical equipment.
- Assisting with implementation of biomedical engineering computer software and software updates.
- Ensuring compliance with the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Developing the work performance specifications for a variety of service contractors, including servicing specialized imaging equipment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544496400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.