USDA/Agricultural Marketing Service/Cotton & Tobacco Classing Office is responsible for operations including classification of cotton/collection and dissemination of cotton market news/statistical procedures incident to quality estimates of cotton production and establishment/maintenance of cooperative relations with cotton industry. You will provide support for program/clerical/office automation. Scheduled overtime including most Saturdays and Sundays is required during peak harvesting periods.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews detailed transaction register detail reports from the FMMI system to insure accountability of all revenues and expenditures.
- Runs reports to track user fee services performed/billed/received/transmitted to lockbox; delinquent accounts; and appearance of revenue when revenue appears on customer revenue/collections report.
- Prepares spreadsheets to produce reports and compile and summarize data for various purposes such as budget, user fee billing, tag lists, accounts receivable and travel.
- Uses considerable judgment in interpreting/applying regulations/guidelines to established administrative/program activities based on thorough working knowledge of procedural instructions/memoranda.
- Uses personal computer for creation/composition of word processing documents/spreadsheets/maintenance of databases. Reviews outgoing correspondence/reports for correct grammar, spelling, and format.
- Makes travel arrangements based on brief instructions from supervisor. Prepares travel authorizations, vouchers, amendments, and trip reports.
- Assists/instructs seasonal employees in using IT equipment such as operation of terminal/automated computerized equipment to create/duplicate records/correct/delete data bases/retrieve data.
- Receives seasonal employment applications/interviews/assists in selection of applicants; follows established personnel procedures/prepares personnel documents for appointments/terminations.
- Serves as timekeeper; prepares time and attendance reports and inputs records into the electronic time and attendance system; performs leave audits. Verifies records for wage adjustments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544458400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.