The ideal candidate for this position has relational database management (RDMS) experience including implementation, administration, performance monitoring, turning, backup/restore, archiving, replication and configuration management. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the System Services Branch team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will be responsible for relational database management (RDMS) implementation, administration, performance monitoring, tuning, backup/restore, archiving, replication management and RDBMS objects configuration management. Typical duties include:
- Serving as a technical expert for database software such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server in standalone, cluster (RAC and SQL Server cluster), and virtual (VMware) environments.
- Performing briefings to management on the automation projects, short and long-range automation objectives, emerging technologies and major changes to current technologies impacting the IT community.
- Participating and represents the organization in technical conferences. Presents technical briefings for peers and the user community.
- Providing end users with necessary authorization for database access and ensures that authorizations meet requirements.
- Developing or revising user guidance such as procedures for submitting and processing requirements or the use and execution of interactive applications.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544449600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.