This position is located in the Directorate for Investment, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (OUSD(C)). The USD(C) is responsible for carrying out the functions assigned by Section 135 of Title 10, United States Code, and ensuring the utmost economy and efficiency in the operations of the Department of Defense through solid management practices, sound policies informed by fiscal realities, and effective fiscal planning and control.Learn more about this agency
The Associate Director, Air, Space and Intelligence Programs is responsible for all budgetary aspects of the research, development, testing, evaluation, procurement, and production activities related to Air, Space, and Intelligence Programs. Major duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Analyzes extremely complex and variable military programs and applies a comprehensive knowledge of budget policy and procedures, acquisition and testing policy, and Air, Space, and Intelligence program missions and requirements so that the individual programs may be evaluated in relation to the overall Defense funding constraints for the optimal use of Defense resources.
- Evaluates the funding requirements of the Air, Space, and Intelligence programs based on strategic military plans and applies judgment as to the level of production, stock levels, production lead times, attrition rates, availability of associated equipment and personnel, production capabilities, degree of modernization or modification, current and future pricing, and reasonable provision for contingencies.
- Evaluates relationships to other Defense expenditures, previous obligations and expenditure rates and other financial conditions.
- Develops and applies analytical tools (including statistical drafts, etc.) in an attempt to master a large volume of facts relating to each program and interprets trends and conditions in the program from numerous interrelated sources with no possibility of guidance from objective sources.
- Analyzes and evaluates budget estimates (including supplementals and budget amendments) and budget execution programs, including the conduct of such investigations and hearings as may be necessary to determine the relevance, importance and necessity of various program funding proposals, and prepares written recommendations of budget adjustments for presentation to the Comptroller and Secretary of Defense.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544434000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.