The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located with West Point Recreational Swim.
- Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager. Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Maintains daily logs, reports and records as required.
- Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required.
- Assists in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21 or with American Red Cross swim lessons. Participates in required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
- Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the pool leader on duty. Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures.
- Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions. Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544415900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.