This position is located in the Technology Services and Innovation's, Information Technology Directorate, Enterprise Applications Division and serves as an IT Specialist (APPSW) (SharePoint Administrator/Developer).Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Agency for Global Media is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow, Orange, Blue Metro lines, MARC and VRE.
NOTE: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The incumbent at the lower grade level will receive more direction and training opportunities to achieve the target higher grade level.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a Senior SharePoint Technical Lead performing a wide range of system administration functions, including managing a local SharePoint installation process.
- Manages the agency local SharePoint installation which includes but is not limited to installing software updates and updates local services and system accounts as required.
- Obtains and maintains COR Level 1 status and continues training to receive certifications.
- Coordinates and manages activities of project teams, working with client USAGM elements and SharePoint development specialists in the IT Directorate, Agency IT Engineering, etc. to achieve goals.
- Proposes improvements to optimize the IT Directorate's project management processes and collaborates with agency staff and elements to prioritize the schedule for implementing new SharePoint site features and functionalities.
- Performs market research and gathers quotes for software or services as assigned.
- Acts as the point of contact for client elements, obtaining and evaluating operational project requirements and defining project objectives that are appropriate to the particular target audience and technical environment where the SharePoint product under development is directed.
- As a lead, discusses work, assignments, troubleshooting tasks with office staff and updates them on additions to systems.
- Regularly monitors the health of our SharePoint site's installations to ensure that both local and cloud based sites are running optimally and have adequate resources (i.e. licenses, memory, and COTS software).
- Develops PowerShell scripts to help with the overall management and governance of our on- premise and cloud-based SharePoint sites.
- Uses a variety of COTS tools (e.g., Metalogix, Simego) and custom development tools (e.g C#, SQL) to help create custom reports, custom views or to help with the flow of information between our SharePoint sites and other applications or systems (e.g. CRM Dynamics Online, Azure).
- Monitors performance of all programs to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget requirement.
Proposes improvements to optimize the IT Directorate's project management processes and collaborates with agency staff and elements to prioritize the schedule for implementing new SharePoint site features and functionalities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544393700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.