What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $75,576 (Step 01) to $98,252(Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement maybe used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the New York Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as project leader. Directs the work of lower-grade professionals and technical support personnel engaged in data collection activities and the interpretation of hydrologic and geologic data.
- Identifies, clarifies, defines, nd expresses otherwise diffuse and hydrologic problems and needs using the insight gained from extensive knowledge and experience.
- Serves as principal contact with cooperating agencies in the identification, design, planning, and conduct of water resources investigations.
- Maintains an awareness of any new concepts, approaches, and methodologies, relevant to hydrology and modifies and applies new developments as appropriate to achieve project goals.
- Writes clear, timely, and authoritative interpretive technical articles and reports that document to the objectives, scope, approach, results, and conclusions of water-resource investigations or selected elements of such investigations.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: Field work may include potentially dangerous situations and exposure to moderate discomfort from such extremes as heat, cold, and inclement weather, particularly on flood trips during severe storms.
Physical Demands: Field work involves walking, bending, stooping, and carrying stream gaging and chemical and biological sampling equipment to include occasional lifting of fairly heavy objects and wading in streams in all types of weather conditions.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of 5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544381500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.