As a Auditor at the GS-0511-12, you will be part of Office of the Inspector General, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The incumbent serves as an Auditor with the responsibility of planning and conducting audits, and the evaluations of programs, operations and activities.Learn more about this agency
- Serving as the contract officer representative for selected audits such as the financial statement audit. Developing the assigned project objectives, identifying scope and preparing audit programs to assure a comprehensive review of all activities.
- Conducting audits and evaluations of the EEOC's programs, operations, and activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards or
- the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation, working alone or as a team member.
- Gathering and performing analysis of relevant data, preparing audit documentation, and developing findings to ensure the EEOC's policies and procedures are effective.
- Conducting interviews and briefings with auditees during the course of the work to discuss audit program objectives, status of work, unresolved issues and to obtain required records, documents, policy and other material.
- Responding to questions and inquiries on audit procedures,and policies relative to the OIG's policies.
- Preparing comprehensive draft and final reports that contain timely and actionable recommendations to address issues and problems that are identified during assigned audits, evaluations, or special projects.
- Participating in all aspects of the audit cycle from the development of an annual audit plan through follow-up on recommendations.
- Assisting in preparation of OIG's semiannual report to Congress, and other reports and special projects as required.
- Communicating orally and in writing with OIG management and the stakeholders.
- Advising managers in resolving problems, reconciling differences and providing feasible, acceptable solutions to conditions disclosed in the audit.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544360800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.