This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Yakama Agency, Deputy Superintendent-Trust Services, Natural Resources in Toppenish, Washington.Learn more about this agency
TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE.
- Serve as a Range Technician assisting in compiling and recording field data related to the range unit permits.
- Conduct annual field inspections for livestock brands on the range units to ensure compliance with the conditions and range control stipulations of the grazing permit contract and tribal grazing resolution.
- Collects, compiles and records field data related to compliance with range unit permits.
- Assist Rangeland Management Specialist in gathering data to be used in determining carrying capacities on the range units, makes written reports to the files.
- Determine range utilization and grazing impact number of livestock, their brands, and condition of range improvement.
- Collect, compile, and record information about the range unit.
Occasional travel - May be required to attend training or work related activities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544342200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.