The FMC is ranked in the top 10 Best Places to Work for Small Agencies!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Human Resources, Office of the Managing Director and serves as a Human Resources Specialist with primary responsibility for providing expert advisory and consultative services related to benefits, retirement, leave, and entitlements.
As a Human Resources Specialist for you will:
- Serve as the agency expert in Federal Benefits and Retirements program.
- Interpret Federal HR policies, and determines their effect on a wide range of HR matters including the retirement and benefits program; develop agency guidance, procedures, and directives; and, provide the full range of customized employee benefits counseling and assistance services including retirement, health and life insurance, death and survivor benefits, debt and over payments, and leave administration.
- Create and conduct briefings concerning retirement options and eligibility requirements; make and manage retirement determinations, health and life insurance, and Thrift Savings Plan issues; provide advice on benefits procedures, forms, eligibility requirements, and coverage; compute benefits and process personnel action requests and employee elections; coordinate open seasons and enrollment periods; organize the annual FMC Employee Benefits Fair; respond to complex benefits questions.
- Conduct personnel action processing using NFC and provide advisory services on complex HR processing issues.
- Conduct new employee orientation sessions and ensure new hires are appropriately entered on the agency rolls, counseled, and all necessary actions related to benefits and the securing of information from prior Federal employment, and pay have been completed; ensures proper completion of required forms and follows up on important due dates.
- Plan and prepare various HR reports including, but not limited to FMC's Annual Employee Financial Education Plan for submission to the Office of Personnel Management.
- Serve as the agency's primary contact for leave administration and leave-related inquiries and issues.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544052700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.