THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT Specialist (Customer Support), Position Description Number D2182P01 and is part of the WY 153rd Communications Flight, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for providing voice, data, wireless, Communications Focal Point (CFP) and information security services provided to the Wing, supported Geographically Separated Units, and Tenants. The incumbent specializes in one or more of the major information technology (IT) and/or communications systems/functions managed and maintained by the Unit - network infrastructure, wireless systems, voice systems, and CFP operations. The purpose of this position is to serve as a customer support specialist performing work involving analytical and evaluative duties related to classified and unclassified information technology networks and/or cyber system with primary knowledge requirements of information processing methodology, information technology, telecommunications systems, computer capabilities, processing techniques, IT trouble ticket management, and data communications.
(1) Manages the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
(2) Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
(3) Provides customer technical assistance and support for all users.
(4) Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
(5) Conducts feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. *
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543985600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.