About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Planning and Environment Division North (RPEDN). RPEDN is responsible for planning water resource projects in the Upper Mississippi Valley from St. Louis to the Canadian border. Projects include supporting inland navigation, flood risk management, restoring environmental resources and providing emergency response to disasters.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a study manager working under the guidance of a Branch or Section Chief with responsibility for management of several studies concurrently which constitute a considerable operating scope for work of primarily nature.
- Develops multidisciplinary water resource plans for navigation, flood damage reduction, ecosystem restoration, and recreation projects and watershed studies.
- Leads assignments to include water resources studies varying in size and type, such as flood damage reduction, navigation, ecosystem restoration, recreation, and related purposes.
- Develops watershed management plans in cooperation with local and state agencies to guide overall water resource management efforts.
- Participates in the process of developing service contracts and architect- engineer (A-E) contracts for work required for projects or studies and in the monitoring and administration of contracts in progress.
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 10% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543971500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.