WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON AND DISCLOSURE (PGLD) DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A GOVERNMENT INFORMATION SPECIALIST (DISCLOSURE TAX LAW SPECIALIST) DO? As a Disclosure Tax Law Specialist, you will be responsible for exercising independent judgment and for performing technical work of exceptional difficulty and responsibility. You will serve as caseworker, coordinator, consultant, and advisor regarding matters of Disclosure and other technical tax law material. As a Disclosure TLS caseworker, you will coordinate with a variety of management officials in several business units to search for, review, redact and respond to a wide variety of complex technical Disclosure issues subject to the Freedom of Information and/or Privacy Act, IRC 6103, IRC 6110, etc.
As a Government Information Specialist (Disclosure Tax Law Specialist) you will:
- Manage a large inventory of complex Disclosure requests.
- Provide expert technical advice and prepare background information documents relating to Disclosure issues.
- Analyze requests, research and review current Disclosure law issues and work with others to provide responsive records in replies to customers. Coordinate with other Business Functions to gather responsive documents.
- Coordinate to ensure technical content is accurate, reflects current Disclosure law and ensure that products are logically arranged and written in clear, easy to understand language.
- Maintain current awareness of changes in the Disclosure law, rulings, administrative decisions, and determine the effect on Disclosure products.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1 To 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543956500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.