“The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), through strategic partnerships, prepares the federal law enforcement community to safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.” We are a unique inter-agency organization preparing the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet our Nation's most pressing security challenges. Click here to learn more.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Human Capital Office, Mission and Readiness Support Directorate, Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers, in Glynco, GA. Serving as the Human Resources Officer makes you a valuable managerial member of the FLETC team and mission. You will lead the development of human capital policy as well as supervise and administer human capital operations and programs.
Typical assignments include:
- Directs FLETC’s human capital management programs through subordinate supervisors overseeing all areas of human capital management including classification, staffing, labor and employee relations, strategic workforce development, and the identification and application of human resources information technology.
- Identifies long and short term program needs based on FLETC’s mission and strategic objectives and recommends, formulates, and evaluates human capital management policies, programs, and processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in meeting the FLETC mission.
- Analyzes changes in regulation, policies, and technology for impact on human capital programs and functions, and ensures compliance with all applicable program requirements.
- Serves as a key consultant and expert advisor to FLETC’s executive leadership in resolving complex and sensitive personnel issues and represents the Director on all human capital management matters before the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer.
- Provides expertise and advisory services on human capital management principles, techniques, and acceptable practices.
- Supervises subordinate Branch Chiefs and program staff and evaluates employee performance. Develops training plans for staff and ensures that all professional, technical, and other job related training and development requirements are met.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required in order to attend meetings and conferences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543810700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.