About the Position: This position is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Directorate for Clinical Support, Department of Radiology.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Provide a full range of personnel management to include work to be accomplished by subordinates, evaluate work performance of subordinates, give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both technical and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for vacant positions, recommend promotion or reassignment to such positions and make selections for subordinate positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level; effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending action in more serious cases.
- Responsible for quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, infection control program, and medication administration, including the analysis, planning and communication of these.
- Advise leadership on developing regulations and procedures that enhance the quality of care and patient safety. Lead department infection control and respond to patient safety reports.
- Develop estimates and statistics for strategic planning, requiring the incumbent to use data metrics to assess current patient safety and quality throughout the department. Develop strategic assessment to present to department leadership.
- Provide clinical monitoring for sedation cases in the Department of Radiology including nursing support for biopsies and many invasive procedures throughout Radiology.
- Provide nursing support for procedures that require medication administration and patient monitoring (pre-screening with vital signs, or vital signs during exams as medications are administered).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543711600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.