The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), a cutting-edge organization dealing with intellectual property issues around the world, is seeking a strategic, enthusiastic, and high performing leader to join the Office of Chief Information Office (OCIO) and serve as the Director, Information Management Services. The Director is responsible for leading the management and oversight of public information services, customer support and enterprise Information Technology management (IT).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent in this position leads the Office of Information Management Services (IMS) for the OCIO, and is responsible for the management and oversight of public information services, customer support, and enterprise IT service management (ITSM).
The Office is the customer-facing organization for the OCIO and is responsible for the customer experience in OCIO. The Office serves as the primary coordinator for the OCIO dissemination of public information products/services. The Office provides enterprise IT service management support for the USPTO to include incident/problem management, desktop support services, asset management, client software services, and collaborative services support, and external OCIO communications, including social media.
Specifically, the incumbent performs or supervises the following functions:
- Oversees and manages the delivery of quality information products and services to meet USPTO public and intellectual property community needs.
- Ensures access to USPTO's products and services through monitoring and proactive response to potential or existing service disruptions through communication, coordination and escalation as needed until the problem is resolved.
- Provides leadership in implementing and delivering customer support for enterprise software, hardware, network, desktop, web services, and collaboration systems across the USPTO.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the virtual workplace by identifying and providing leading-edge collaboration products and services for a remote and geographically dispersed workforce.
- Oversees the delivery of Tier 1 through Tier 3 incident and problem management through routine service desk and advanced support, software and hardware installation and maintenance, fulfilling requests, troubleshooting issues and providing workable solutions in an ITIL environment.
- Develops and oversees executive of the Office's budget, complying with all financial policies, procedures and requirements.
- Focuses senior management's attention on the exploitation of information technology to improve program delivery through modernization, and ensures that proposed investments contribute to USPTO's mission and OCIO's strategic vision.
- Provides expert high-level technical advice and counsel to the Office of the CIO, stakeholders, users on matters that affect or relate to current and exiting functions and programs.
- Ensures for the provision of statistics, analysis and summary reports relating to patents and trademarks activity to meet the needs of the USPTO executive management, Federal and foreign government agencies and the public.
- Evaluates industry-best practices and applies them as appropriate. Keeps leadership apprised of information technology trends and emerging technology.
- Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate staff, including setting performance standards, conducting performance evaluations and ensuring that supervisors are held accountable for the performance of their organizational units.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543663000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.