This position is located in a Division within the Bureau of Competition. The Division consists of attorneys and support staff who investigate and litigate alleged violations of federal antitrust law. If you thrive in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment and want to play an integral role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, Bureau of Competition, Operations Branch! For more information visit www.ftc.gov .Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesIf you are selected for this position you will perform the following duties:
- Participates in planning,· analyzing, evaluating, and improving the effectiveness of administrative and technical operations related to investigations and litigation.
- Provides guidance and support on solutions available for the management of documents, records, and case files (both electronically and-hard copy).
- Establishes and maintains document management systems and files for individual investigations, litigation, and other special projects.
- Provides assistance to attorneys and other support staff by monitoring court dockets and discovery schedules; formatting, preparing, and filing documents such as memorandums,motions, discovery requests, discovery responses, and briefs; preparing, organizing, and maintaining discovery requests and responses, pleadings, subpoenas, exhibits, exhibit lists, and case files; and proofreading and performing quality control checks for all documents related to investigations and litigation.
- Possesses knowledge of document management systems and maintains an in-depth understanding of various electronic litigation-related systems, including but not limited to document management software such as Concordance and Relativity, Trial Director, CaseMap, the United States Federal Court Electronic Case Filing (ECF) system, and the Public Access to Court Electronic Records(PACER) system.
- Performs research using records, library resources, corporate records, governmental and private studies, computer databases, the internet, and other pertinent sources, to find facts and data for inclusion in memoranda, briefs, and other legal documents. Provides end-user support, including printing, tagging, searching, retrieving, and analyzing discovery materials submitted by parties and third parties in investigations and litigation.
- Prepares and maintains status reports regarding Division matters under investigation and in litigation, and other special projects within the Division, including monthly reports that track Division staffing, the status of matters, and the substantive nature of investigations and litigation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543662000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.