Mathematical Statistician vacancies are located within multiple Offices in DOL, Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). BLS is the principal federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy. Mathematical Statisticians are primarily responsible for assuring the statistical integrity of BLS surveys.Learn more about this agency
These positions are inside the bargaining unit.
This announcement may be used to fill like additional positions.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical direction and guidance for research, development, implementation, and evaluation of statistical methodology.
- Provides technical direction for the development and maintenance of sampling systems.
- Researches, develops, implements, and evaluates complex sample and survey designs.
- Researches, develops, implements, and evaluates methodology to estimate index measures.
- Writes computer programs or utilizes software packages as tools for statistical and technical analysis.
- Develops, analyzes, and evaluates Program procedures for quality improvement projects to provide for continuous improvement of the Program.
- Serves as resource to respond to statistical questions from users in the public and private sector.
- Serves as team leader of interdisciplinary project teams for the development and implementation of statistical methodology. Leads the effort to plan the work of the team, set team priorities, monitor team progress, and resolve complex team issues.
- Serves on interdisciplinary matrix teams. Participates in refining team objectives and setting priorities, planning team activities, and developing milestones and measures of progress.
- Gives technical guidance and assistance to lower grade statisticians.
- Participates in meetings and conferences with officials of the Bureau, other government agencies, and research organizations.
13 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543604700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.