Due to unexpected system downtime affecting applicants ability to submit applications, this announcement is being extended through 9/11/19. Applicants who had applied prior to 10:45 pm EST on 9/6/19 need NOT reapply as your application will continue to be considered.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Departmental Administration (DA), Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM), Employee and Labor Relations Division (ELRD), Employee Relations Branch.
- Serves as immediate supervisor of numerous Employee Relations Branch employees. Provides administrative and technical supervision to the staff.
- Promotes effective working relationships. Represents OHRM at conferences and meetings pertaining to specialized functional areas of responsibility.
- Serves as a senior technical advisor to top level management and executives of OHRM and all Mission Areas in the overall goals, policies, and objectives of employee relations across USDA, and confers with senior and executive officials.
- The incumbent applies knowledge of and adheres to USDA equal opportunity and civil rights (EO/CR) policies and objectives in performing everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Mastery of legal research methods, information-gathering techniques, and analytical skill sufficient to locate, interpret, and analyze for applicability and appropriateness, precedent and substantive decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543521500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.