About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Performs the duties as a Biologist or Wildlife Biologist specializing in a broad range of assignments in support of project wildlife management, forestry and natural resource management at the Rivers Project Office in West Alton, Missouri. The position assists in the management of approximately 50,000 acres of floodplain habitat along the rivers which also provide valuable outdoor recreational opportunities for the visiting public.
- Design programs to stabilize or improve the carrying capacity of wildlife habitats on Corps lands.
- Perform habitat field inventories at field sites using government vessels and vehicles to access the sites.
- Perform work with non-governmental organizations on Corps lands through cooperative lease and license agreements (i.e. The National Great Rivers Research and Education Center and the National Audubon Society).
- Determine requirements for GIS technology support of the natural resource management mission.
- Assist to coordinate, plan, and execute all of the activities related to the environmental stewardship program.
Occasional travel - travel may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543486000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.