The ideal candidate has experience performing custodial services in a commercial environment. This position starts at a salary of $18.09 (WG-04). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is in the Logistics, Site Services Branch, Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and will perform various motor vehicle operation tasks and custodial duties.
Typical Duties Include:
- Operating one or more motor vehicles including pickup trucks, panel trucks, carryalls, vans and carts which have an approximate gross vehicle weight of up to 10,000 pounds;
- Cleaning floors using power scrubbers, buffers, mops, brooms, and vacuum cleaners;
- Performing laundry duties, including handling laundry carts, marking individual bundles and sorting bulk laundry by type of garment or fabric;
- Receiving stores, stacks, and pallets of custodial equipment and supplies;
- Conducting periodic inventories and verifying quantity on hand and quantity issued.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543422900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.