This position is located within Central Iowa Health Care system (CIHCS). The incumbent has full responsibility for the Energy conservation, Water conservation, and Green House Gas (GHG) reduction programs, and shares responsibility for the vehicle Fleet Management program and the Green Environmental Management program (GEMS). Responsibilities include the development, planning, coordination, maintenance, and the reporting of all elements of these programs for VA Central Iowa facilities.Learn more about this agency
---------------- RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZED ----------------
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- The Incumbent participates in facility Energy Audits throughout VISN 23, and prepare reports and surveys for the VA Office of Capital Asset Management and engineering Support (OCAMES), and participates in various national committees such as the Energy Engineer Advisory Board (EEAB).
- The incumbent is responsible for interpreting and resolving conflicts between, the various legislation, executive orders, VA Directives and specification, and industrial codes and standards as relate to the conservation programs for Energy, Water, and Fleet management within the CIHCS.
- Because each VHA medical center is unique, the Energy Manager must exercise judgment in the interpretation and application of the guidelines relative to their particular medical centers.
- The incumbent is responsible for facilitating the success of the Energy and Water conservation, greenhouse gas reduction, and fleet management programs in CIHCS; elements of the program include but are not limited to the following:
- Energy Planning; including the development or review of energy or energy intensive projects for Strategic Capital Investment Planning (SCIP) this includes engineering calculations for Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), Savings to Investment Ration (SIR), and Green House Gas (GHG) emissions
- Renewable Energy utilization
- Ensuring efficient chilled water Plant Operations
- Ensuring efficient Steam Plant Operations
- Ensuring and improving the energy integrity of Building Envelopes
- Operation of HVAC Building and lighting Controls including digital Building Management Systems
- Developing Pilot Programs (New Technology and procedures)
- Developing local Standards to minimize energy and water waste
- Commodity acquisition
- Commissioning, Retro Commissioning, and Continuous Commissioning of facility buildings
- Training and increasing the "awareness" of; general, M &R staff, general staff and facility managers regarding the Energy, Water, and GHG reduction programs for CIHCS
Position Description Title/PD#: General Engineer (Energy)/30238-0
Physical Requirements: The Energy Manager generally works in an office environment. However, inspections/audits and other field work require frequent walking, standing, bending, crawling and climbing ladders, etc. and may require carrying equipment with weights up to 50 lbs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543389100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.