The incumbent serves as the Hausa Service Chief in the Africa Division of the Voice of America. Incumbent supervises and coordinates a work force of approximately 12 Multimedia International Broadcasters and Producers, as well as 20 stringers, and a reporting center in Abuja. The Hausa Service broadcasts to Nigeria, Niger, Ghana, Cameroon and Chad.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Under the general direction of the Division Director, the Hausa Service Chief has responsibility for the management of all aspects of Hausa operations, including Hausa-language radio/Internet, TV and digital media, programming, research activities, budgetary matters, contractors and personnel polices.
- Closely coordinates program and management operations with other units within VOA, IBB and other organizations, in order to promote and advance consistent standards and general performance.
- Oversees reporting assignments for staff, contractors and stringers to ensure appropriate coverage of events and issues of relevance to the audience.
- Evaluates the Hausa Managing Editor and Duty Editors and serves as the reviewing official on evaluations on non-supervisory employees related by subordinate supervisors.
- Reviews serious disciplinary actions involving subordinate staff and provides recommendations to the Africa Division Director for appropriate action, when warranted. Works closely with the Office of Human Resources Labor and Employee Relations staff on pertinent management issues.
- Recommends awards or bonuses for personnel and changes in position classification, subject to approval of the Director of the Africa Division.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543322600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.