HR Specialist for the Western Region Human Resources located at the Portland Area Office in Portland, Oregon, who will provide human resources services in the areas of classification, recruitment and placement and report to the Supervisory HR Specialist onsite.Learn more about this agency
RE-ANNOUNCED FOR ADDITIONAL CANDIDATES, THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED WILL NOT NEED TO REAPPLY UNLESS THEY WANT TO UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION.
- Serve as main contact for assigned health centers within the Portland Area Indian Health Services for staffing and classification services.
- Classify positions for assigned units for use in recruitment and for use by supervisor is assigning work to their employees. Ensures all related regulations and laws are met (Fair Labor Standard Act, Risk Management, etc.).
- Advise management on classification, staffing, workforce shaping/reduction-in-force, and special placement programs.
- Advise management on recruitment strategies, sources, and special programs, recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs.
- Respond to inquiries concerning hiring procedures, application process, employment opportunities, and other recruitment/selection process.
- Code personnel actions, using correct nature of action codes, authority codes, setting pay, determining benefits, etc.
- Utilize a variety of automated HR tools and systems; i.e. USA Staffing, Onboarding, EHCM, etc.
- Utilize a wide range of HR practices, regulations, and precedents.
- Provide guidance on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices, and the development and use of valid selection criteria.
- Conduct strategic recruitment discussions, job analysis and prepares vacancy announcements.
- Provide comprehensive HR management advisory and technical services on organizational functions and work practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position on occasion to assigned service units.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543225800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.