About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), Office of Research and Tech Transfer (ORTT), Vicksburg, MS.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Program Specialist for all Other Transaction Authority (OTA) actions within the ERDC and provides critical advice and guidance to help ensure that individual programs incorporate an approach in which sound business principles and practices are captured to protect the government and public interest while also ensuring strategic decisions are made to appropriately consider program success.
- Manages program/project requirements to include: program communications that cover briefings to ERDC senior executive level leaders, external customers, Universities; program education and training; program processes and procedures, program development, program execution, project selection, Request For Proposal (RFP) development, technical proposal evaluation, plans and executes OT production efforts; and OT post award administration of projects on Other Transactions.
- Oversees the full range of acquisition planning and contract management functions required to support an OTA project with a mission of Research and Development (R&D) prototyping, acquisition, testing, integration, production and fielding of defense products and systems.
- Defines, establishes, and directs organizational focus (on challenging and highly complex contract actions). Identifies and resolves highly complex problems that cross organizational boundaries and promulgates solutions or develop new hypotheses or fundamental new concepts.
- Provides advanced technical leadership, staff coordination, and consultation in the functional area of procurement/contracting and project management.
- Formulates guidelines, create new processes and procedures, and provides policy direction, interpretation, and advice.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be 10% or less
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543203700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.