Announcement Closing date has been extended to 9/11/2019.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Major Range and Test Facilities Base (MRTFB). This is a developmental position with full performance at the GS-12 level.
This position is Obligated.
This is a TERM position, which is a temporary position that is not to exceed 13 months. A term position may be extended to a maximum of eight years depending upon the needs of management.
- Performs engineering work in the preparation of civil, structural, and architectural designs, drawings, and specifications for construction, alteration, renovation, addition, and rehabilitation projects.
- Serving as sole designer for projects involving complex civil, structural, foundations/soils, or site problems requiring extensive research or broad application of engineering principles.
- Preparing detailed design criteria for new or repair construction of roadways and asphalt areas; major and minor modifications, alterations, renovations, or repairs to existing facilities and utility systems.
- Conducting studies and devising plans and methods for meeting the project objective and develops design criteria applicable to the project.
- Preparing plans and specifications for modifications to existing facilities or utilities as required to support additional loads or capacities determined through analysis and evaluation of system requirements and capabilities.
- Reviewing designs, including plans, specifications, and design analysis prepared by architect-engineers for technical adequacy and making recommendations for approval or disapproval based on technical merit.
- Providing technical support in troubleshooting to trades personnel in areas such as wood or steel construction, base/top course preparation and road paving, concrete practice, utilities systems operations or components, and similar areas.
Occasional travel - Five percent travel may be required for Training
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543101100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.