This Director is responsible for the direction and management of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and field installations, which include Wallops Flight Facility, the Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) Facility, and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies. The Director is responsible for day-to-day Center activities and for managing a highly skilled technical workforce of over 3,300 civil service employees and 6,000 contractors.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees the assignment of workforce and facilities, and managing Center operations to enable program and project execution meeting the technical, cost and schedule requirements established by the Agency Mission Directorates.
- Facilitates resolution of technical and programmatic issues and risks, and ensures regular review and reporting of performance for assigned programs and projects.
- Provides input for the Agency's and Mission Directorate Program Management Councils reviews on assigned programs and projects.
- Provides stakeholder input to the Mission Directorate Associate Administrators toward the formulation of future program and project strategy that addresses Mission Directorate goals and objectives.
- Facilitates the activities of the Technical Authorities, including engineering and safety and mission assurance, and is responsible for ensuring that activities at their Centers are implemented in accordance with accepted standards.
- Works with Agency leadership to determine Center workforce and facility capabilities required for future NASA missions and programs, including identifying gaps, duplication, and areas to de-emphasize or discontinue.
- Provides and/or identifies requirements for mission support functions such as facilities, procurement, human capital, protective services and legal required to execute assigned programs and projects in coordination with the Agency functional leaders.
- Coordinates and participates in the Center's outreach activities, and represents NASA in promoting and maintaining strong community and legislative relations and providing for the widest practical and appropriate dissemination of information.
- Maintains a safe and healthy workplace environment for the workforce and provides safety, reliability, and quality assurance for all Center activities, and has full authority to stop any unsafe activity; programmatic or otherwise.
75% or less - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543027400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.