WHAT IS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) DIVISION? The IRS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) organization is responsible for the custodial accounting of over $3.3 trillion in taxpayer payments, as well as for managing the IRS' $10+ Billion annual operating budget.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? You will plan/perform significant types of managerial assignments encompassing the entire program and functional areas requiring the integration of cross-functional areas. Serve as the authority and senior spokesperson to all managerial levels on complex issues requiring knowledge of new or proposed legislation and comprehensive knowledge of tax administration processes to disseminate impact on the Business Unit and its stakeholders.
As a Management and Program Analyst, Project Manager you will
- Meets with managers and executives to define overall goals and objectives of the project. Prepares action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range.
- Prepares recommendation for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiates with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources/support. Establishes a system to review, control, and report on project status.
- Plans, coordinates, and establishes operating methods/procedures for accomplishment of project mission; directs the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the project. Monitors project status and adjusts work plans.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identifies problem areas and determines how to resolve them. Manages project resources to meet goals and objectives. As needed, recommends adjustment of resources.
- Prepares directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conducts briefings, prepares reports, keep managers and executives advised of project plans/progress, and communicate findings and recommendations. Coordinates impact of the project with employees and managers in all affected areas.
- Resolves any relationship problems or conflicts that impede progress; ensures that all involved parties work effectively toward timely completion of the project.
- Functions as the resident expert relating to all aspects of project planning, execution, and implementation.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543011800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.