No one in the world can do what we do. We are the 35,000 controllers, technicians, engineers and support personnel whose daily efforts keep aircraft safe, separated and on time.Learn more about this agency
The Executive Director, Service Centers provides full executive direction and leadership to a large, highly complex, and geographically dispersed organization. The incumbent is responsible for insuring consistency and accountability across organizational units within Mission Support Services. The Executive Director serves as a central Headquarters advocate for issues in the field. This program directly supports air traffic and technical operations and is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the National Airspace System (NAS). The incumbent oversees and provides day-to-day direction to a geographically dispersed workforce of over 500 managerial/non-managerial technical and support professionals and a $750M budget.
- Provides executive leadership and strategic direction for the development of policies and standards related to the operation of the Service Centers. Ensures policies are consistent with organizational strategies.
- Conducts routine visits with subordinate Service Center Directors and clarifies organizational and functional roles to ensure consistency of operations, performance and cohesion.
- Designs a comprehensive framework to enhance communication throughout the three service centers and Mission Support Services using events/media and administrative and financial tools. Standardizes messaging throughout Mission Support Services to increase consistency and accountability and provides consolidated feedback.
- Serves as a key advisor and authority on all air traffic and technical operations support activities by applying a broad range of knowledge of ATO missions. Defines and builds organizational capability by focusing on new requirements and emerging needs.
- Develops and implements optimization processes to eliminate duplicative and non-value added work.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542997600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.