In the Office of Human Resource Management (AHR), we take care of the people who make it safe to fly.
We listen to FAA staff and help the FAA Administrator carry out many Human Resources programs to provide innovative people services and strategic solutions in a changing world.Learn more about this agency
The Executive Director, Career and Leadership Development, is responsible for creating learning opportunities and enhancing the FAA's career and leadership development products and services for approximately 45,000 employees. Successes in this position have the potential to push the boundaries of the organization's performance and success. The incumbent executes the duties and responsibilities via a team of approximately 24 employees.
- Advises FAA senior management on optimizing talent management and learning and development opportunities.
- Ensures the agency's corporate learning program and strategy supports the overall strategic goals of the FAA, and keeps pace with technology progressions and innovative leadership development delivery models.
- Develops strategies for employees’ learning and development needs and expands the talent pipeline for future leaders.
- Builds and employs training assessment requirements methods for identifying agency training needs, and uses those results to create and sustain all facets of professional, managerial and executive development curricula and programs, including FAA career development and succession planning programs and initiatives.
- Defines and builds a robust and consistent evaluation approach for the quality and effectiveness of all career and leadership development programs based on type and purpose of the learning, and the needs of the FAA.
- Maintains an innovative and effective e-learning (eLMS) system. Plans, justifies and acquires all eLMS hardware and automatic data processing support services.
- Collaborates with the FAA and the Human Resource Management contract teams to manage several multi-million dollar contracts.
- Oversees Congressionally-mandated advisory boards, commissions and committees in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
- Provides Franchise Fund oversight for Human Resources and monitors both incoming proceeds from fee-for-service training programs and outflow of funds for contract payments.
- Oversees outreach efforts to students across the country for the FAA Science, Technology, Engineering and Math/Aviation Education Program and Aviation Career Education camps to increase interest in future aviation careers.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542861400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.