This position is located with the Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service (ERS), Market and Trade Economics Division (MTED).
The Market and Trade Economics Division monitors, evaluates, and conducts research on domestic and foreign economic and policy factors affecting agricultural markets and trade.Learn more about this agency
Position is being filled through OPM's government-wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens.
- Plans and conducts complex economic analyses and research investigations.
- Works closely with research economists and senior economists in the development of specialized datasets and the analysis to investigate program changes and data trend issues.
- Uses sophisticated methods in development of analysis, data products, tables, graphics, and/or reports of relevant economic data.
- Develops long-term commodity projections using simulation models.
- Participates in and/or leads projects and cooperates with other team members in preparation and publication of policy-relevant topics.
- Presents major finding in the form of published reports in briefings to top ERS and USDA officials.
- Identifies factors affecting supply, demand, and trade in assigned commodity and/or country markets including technology, behavioral, market structure and policy factors.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542839100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.