This position is in Region 10, Superfund and Emergency Management Division, Site Cleanup Section 2, Portland, OR. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About Region 10: Region 10
Except in special circumstances, those new to the federal government will be hired at the starting salary (step 1) of the applicable grade range listed above.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Team Leader for technical and programmatic team members assigned to the Portland Harbor project. Work with the team members to implement the record of Decision, accomplish assigned tasks, and to produce work products and services to meet established project goals. As Team Leader, will be accountable for outcomes and results, e.g., timely delivery of quality work products and services produced by the team and meeting project milestones within the established schedule.
- Maintain thorough expertise of CERCLA and the NCP and provide expertise in highly complex and/or controversial issues involving the cleanup of the Site, including serving as a technical expert on design, construction and enforcement issues. Have responsibility for coordinating the site-related activities of the project team, providing technical expertise, and utilizing planning and coordination skills to expedite cleanup under the regional Superfund remedial process.
- Participate in development and implementation of enforcement strategy and coordinate with management and the legal team on all settlement issues. Assist with communications and negotiation of agreements with federal and non-federal PRPs. Collaborate with legal staff to carry out enforcement activities to achieve response objectives and convey Agency standpoint to elicit cooperative and constructive responses from negotiating parties.
- Make formal technical presentations before agency management, other federal, state, tribal and local agency officials, private industry, and public and private groups. Perform outreach, risk communication, and other community relations activities within a public forum as a representative of the agency.
- Determine appropriate contract mechanisms or Inter-Agency agreements for work at the site. Negotiate and approve budget estimates, scopes of work, invoices and cost documentation. Monitors, reviews and evaluates contractor and IA grantee performance for quality and valuate, and take corrective or termination action as appropriate. Manage cooperative agreements with State and Tribal partners to ensure their participation in the superfund process.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel 25% or more of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542753200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.