This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Eastern Region, Office of the Regional Director, Division of Administration, Branch of Transportation in Nashville, Tennessee.Learn more about this agency
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties and serves as the point of contact for the Supervisory Highway Engineer or Acting in the coordination of meetings, schedules, conferences, hearings, and other key organizational activities.
- Maintains office automation correspondence tracking systems.
- Provides input to and/or reviews all external/internal correspondence and documents to ensure that position, policies and direction is accurately stated and that all information is properly coordinated.
- Serves as Records Coordinator, occasionally serving as team leader and subject matter expert on assignments to review records management policy, plans, procedures and goals.
- Receives and processes all incoming mail, faxes and electronic mail by logging in, electronically scanning and filing for timely action.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings, conferences, special projects, trainings.
- Makes travel arrangements, maintains office supplies and services, contacting vendors and coordinating repair of equipment.
- Manages front desk and ensures all phone calls and visitors are directed to appropriate staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
7 - A career ladder promotion is at the discretion of management, and in no way guaranteed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542750500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.