The Western Regional Office in Los Angeles, carries out the Commission's consumer protection programs in the geographical area that includes California, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Hawaii. The Western Regional Office in Los Angeles is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist attorneys with investigations and litigation in complex consumer protection matters in a broad range of industries and sectors of the economy.Learn more about this agency
If selected for the position, you will assist attorneys and investigators conducting investigations and litigation, and assist the Administrative Officer with support activities. Specifically, you will:
- Manage and execute document management procedures for tracking, safeguarding, and redacting incoming and outbound paper and electronic documents, including documents associated with investigations, litigation, and discovery, and documents containing nonpublic and confidential information;
- Manage and operate office automated equipment and the maintenance and replacement of the equipment;
- Prepare and maintain documents, spreadsheets, databases, calendars, and other materials used in litigation preparation, investigation management, business and consumer outreach, and office administration;
- Perform research using attorney files, library resources, computer databases, Internet resources, and other pertinent sources, to supply needed factual information for inclusion in memoranda, briefs and similar documents;
- Assess and digest substantive materials and transcripts of testimony (investigational hearings, depositions, and court), and analyze, index, and code documents for legal issues relevant to the matter;
- Institute and maintain systems for custody and retrieval of materials obtained in investigations or used as exhibits in administrative proceedings and federal court trials, preparing lists and tables to correlate the exhibits with transcripts and accounting for exhibits used in court proceedings;
- Prepare and organize declarations, charts, graphs, and other materials used as exhibits in court and manage redaction of confidential information.
- Prepare and assist with the filing and service of court documents and briefs.
- Assist with administrative office support, as necessary, including answering phones, handling mail, and making arrangements for office visitors,
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542604300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.