The announcement will be posted for 6 months and applications will be reviewed every 2 weeks.Learn more about this agency
*This position may qualify for Education Debt Reduction Program and/or Recruitment Incentive.
This position is for a Registered Nurse (RN) on a fast-paced Medical Surgical Telemetry Unit. RN is directly responsible to the Nurse Manager and will be accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse population with complex needs.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans? Check out the videos of clinical staff and what they have to say about working for VA!
Some of the duties and responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Self-directed with ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate maximum flexibility.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize the nursing process as a problem-solving model.
- Demonstrates an excellent customer service philosophy with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and independence in professional development, organization of tasks/assignments for the nursing team and in providing a safe patient care environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the completion of medical/surgical care, documentation and standards.
- Skills in patient assessment with the ability to communicate appropriate concerns regarding patient's conditions based on a sound theoretical and technical basis.
- Demonstrates working practices that include adherence to Infection Control standards and the safe use and operation of equipment.
- Accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse Veteran population with complex needs.
- Ordering emergent diagnostics such as radiologic x-rays, labs such as blood gases, CBC, electrolyte and electrocardiogram cardiogram 12 lead.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively apply all aspects of nursing process within a collaborative, interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstration of knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age related needs of patients.
- Interpreting cardiac arrhythmia and administer appropriate drugs per physician orders.
- Initiate IV's and approved IV medication administration.
- Identifies problematic rhythms, correct pacemaker rhythms, inform physicians of any malfunctions.
- Titration of ordered medication according to established parameters and unit medication policy.
- Other duties include patient and family education, interdisciplinary participation with discharge planning, and other duties as assigned.
Tour of Duty: 12 Hour Nights 7P-730A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Education Debt Repayment Plan:
- This position is eligible for Education Debt Repayment Plan (EDRP) based upon the availability of funds. Award amounts are determined after review of complete EDRP application and supporting documentation. Final approval by the Under Secretary for Health or designated official verifies EDRP.
- This position is eligible for a recruitment bonus for highly qualified candidates.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542597400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.