Serves as a technical integrator for the Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) Program responsible for highly critical and visible project technical activities and integration of all technical aspects across assigned elements (Project to Project and Program to Program) of EGS. . This work involves technical integration efforts across various system engineering disciplines throughout the product life cycle.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a ground integration engineer for requirements development, integration and implementation planning for ground systems required to support vehicle/spacecraft/payload processing.
- Provide systems engineering and integration functions to enable successful implementation and certification of ground systems, ground support equipment and facility systems.
- Responsible for leading the management of programmatic requirements through the development, allocation, traceability, waiver/change processing, and requirement closure phases.
- Responsible for developing requirements, stakeholder expectations, design verification objectives, design validation objectives and ensuring they are allocated to the implementing organization and subsystems.
- Participate in formal technical program reviews throughout the program life cycle for milestones such as preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, and system acceptance reviews, operational readiness reviews.
- Perform technical reviews to ensure design compliance of interface management through the review of flight to ground and ground to ground interface control documents
- Support subsystem and element/program level verification and validation planning and execution as required to ensure requirement satisfaction.
- Provide technical integration support in processing requirement waivers and/or deviations to include rationale development presenting and obtaining board approvals.
- Ensure design products are in a mature state as part of systems engineering and integration program/project development life cycle via selective audits.
- Responsible for ground processing, integrated test and launch operations planning for ground systems required to support vehicle/spacecraft/payload processing.
- Lead and support subsystem and program level trade studies and technical assessments and present their findings to boards for their approval.
- Manage the assigned portions of the program technical baseline, maintaining and managing changes against the technical baseline.
- Perform change package engineer responsibilities for assigned documents and ensure integration, coordination and disposition of comments in a collaborative environment.
- Lead change request development and processing ensuring coordination with all stakeholders.
- Lead the development and management of assigned technical products and ensure they are mapped to the appropriate design products.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542575500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.