This position is located in the Regional Office in either Region 1 Missoula MT or Region 4 Ogden UT.Learn more about this agency
Serves as the Forest Health Monitoring Coordinator within the State and Private Forestry (SPF) organization.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Joel Egan at 406-329-3278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide professional assistance to all Federal, State, and private agencies within the Region.
- Direct the development of work plans, field staff program of work, staffing plans, budgets, policies, and guiding activities to accomplish program objectives.
- Formulate and establish Regional policies, programs, and standards for federally funded forest insect and disease prevention, suppression and restoration projects.
- Develop annual and long-term pest management programs for the field staff.
- Provide technical assistance concerning forest insects/pathogens to land managers.
- Develop guidelines by identifying and determining the present amount of damage caused, and exercises scientific judgement of a high order in evaluating the actual or potential seriousness of the infestation.
- May serve as the Directors coordinator representing the Director at technical meetings, meeting with distinguished visitors, and maintaining relationships with Forest Service Research Station staffs.
- Serve as the recognized scientific expert in Forest Health Protection (FHP), including forest insect and pathogen detection, evaluation, prevention and control.
- Develop reports and publications such as insect and disease conditions, forest pest leaflets, and other special publications to meet state, private, and federal land managers needs and to meet national FHP reporting requirements.
- Responsible for program management, planning, budgeting and management information (PBMI) for identifying work force and organizational needs and staff priorities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542572400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.