THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1984000 and is part of the WY United States Property and Fiscal Office, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) Comptroller Division, Accounting Services Branch. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing, and correction of financial transactions and issues/discrepancies involving the full range of accounting services. Incumbent uses a complete understanding of inter-related work systems across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all obligations, disbursements, collections/deposits, and adjustments related to financial records.
(1) Performs broad in-depth analysis on multiple management systems and applies this information to complicated precedent type cases to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out of balance conditions associated with processing actions within accounting systems.
(2) Performs fact finding, research, and investigations to identify, analyze and recommend solutions regarding fiscal accounting activity.
(3) Examines accounts or resolves difficult reconciliations requiring an analysis of adjustments and corrections in accounts.
(4) Reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries and resolves problems referred by managers, employees, congressional inquiries, etc.
(5) Coordinates with internal/external financial/program management personnel to resolve issues and/or prevent accounting errors.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542566300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.