Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit our website.
This positions are located in (Coeur'd Alene, Idaho). Information about the surrounding area may be found here Coeur d' AleneLearn more about this agency
- Serves as a Forestry Technician in a Bureau of Land Management office.
- Assists professional Foresters by gathering a variety of resource information.
- Prepares the forestry portion of Resource Management Planning documents.
- Assist's with other planning and environmental clearance documents; researches and drafts segments of those documents; may make limited recommendations relative to management practices.
- Performs timber sale reconnaissance and unit design for proposed timber sale tracts.
- Recognizes variations in timber stand conditions such as species composition, age classes, and silvicultural treatments in order to develop management prescriptions.
- Reads physical characteristics of terrain as they relate to logging systems and road systems
- Conducts 100 percent timber cruises or sample surveys to estimate volumes of timber for timber sales
- Conducts field surveys of timber sale boundaries, roads, and property lines. Uses field notes to plot property lines, read traverses, or timber sale maps.
- Compiles maps of forest and woodland areas, cutover areas, burned areas, and special use
- May be assigned to oversee the work of lower graded employees.
25% or less - Travel may be required to attend training's, conferences, workshops, and/or field visits
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542473600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.