This position is a staff position on the Programs Planning Staff located at the State Office in Temple, Texas. The incumbent provides technical assistance as an Economist for conservation planning and related training. Because of the multi-disciplinary interaction required of the staff in multi-objective planning activities, the incumbent will integrate his/her activities with the other staff disciplines.Learn more about this agency
- Develops economic resource data for all Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) activities related to resource planning.
- Provides staff leadership for economic phases of natural resource planning activities.
- Prepares economic tables and narrative for inclusion in the natural resources plans.
- Collaborates with other agencies in collecting, assembling, and summarizing economic data obtained by interviews concerning damages and frequency of occurrence of damages.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning teams in formulation arid analysis of plans.
- Estimates benefits of planned works of improvement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542464300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.