This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (INFORMATION SYSTEMS), Position Description Number D1621000 and is part of the OH 178 Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
The primary purpose is to plan, organize, and administer the operation and database integrity of MilPDS.
As a HR SPEC (INFORMATION SYSTEMS), GS-0203-9, you will perform the following duties:
1) Provides broad management advisory services. Analyzes and resolves operational problems and ensures compliance with military human resources policies, regulations, objectives and management procedures. Provides direction and gives advice to section chiefs and representatives of serviced organizations on methods of approach to systems related discrepancies discovered through analysis.
2) Monitors the overall operations of the Military Personnel Data System. Plans, directs and performs system management, quality assurance, system inquiry, trend analysis, small computer operations/management and system research. Provides guidance and assistance to unit commanders and user personnel on management capabilities of the system through the use of pertinent management information readily available.
3) Provides staff advisory guidance to the MPF, Units, Commanders and other base or Geographically Separated Unit (GSU) functional activities on solutions and feasible approaches to the utilization of the Military Personnel Data System in specific, and the human resources military program in general. Interprets manuals, regulations, instructions, and other correspondence to determine the impact on the Military Personnel Data System.
4) Coordinates with AF, Air Reserve Personnel Center, The National Guard Bureau, Air National Guard State Headquarters and base functional areas on new data human resources programs and system procedures. Serves as the MPF liaison for systems with higher headquarters, MPF work functions, unit commanders, etc.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1621000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542446800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.