This position is located in the Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV/TB, Overseas Strategy and Management Branch.Learn more about this agency
Spanish language is desirable but not required for the position in the Dominican Republic.
What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position with the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred as (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OD-19-10574621 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Physician you will:
- Serve as Program Country Director and potentially the CDC Country Director.
- Develop and direct the implementation of all the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)-funded Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-supported activities in assigned overseas location.
- Be involved in all technical areas of interest, in the assigned overseas location, to the Division of Global HIV/AIDS and TB (DGHT) including HIV/TB prevention, care and treatment of persons living with HIV/TB, strategic information and epidemiologic surveillance and health economics, systems and capacity development.
- Oversee all DGHT staff assigned to the overseas location.
- Provide oversight and accountability for the utilization of US Government resources allocated to the assigned overseas location.
- Represent DGHT on the US Government PEPFAR interagency team.
- Direct DGHT's provision of strategic technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and other PEPFAR-funded DGHT partners.
- Maintain productive technical collaborations with all institutions engaged in DGHT activities, including the Ministry of Health, non-governmental organizations, universities, medical institutions and other DGHT partners.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542436200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.