This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Office of the Director provides leadership to the Agency's efforts to defend civilian networks, secure federal facilities, manage systemic risk to National critical functions, and work with stakeholders to raise the security baseline of the Nation's cyber and physical infrastructure.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN).Typical work assignments include:
- Resolve conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
-Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Review or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Provide guidance for developing and reviewing IT capital investment plans and processes for investment review in specific areas (e.g., earned value management, risk management, project management,program management, acquisition management,alternatives analysis, etc.)
- Analyze and evaluate IT portfolio management and reporting activities, determining and recommending changes needed in policies and procedures
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
Essential Personnel: This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542404300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.