The ideal candidate for this position will be detail-oriented with demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office programs to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. The incumbent must also have experience with budgeting processes and procedures. This position starts at a salary of $83,398 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will serve as a Staff Assistant to provide administrative support and assists senior leadership in meeting Departmental goals and objectives. Typical work assignments include:
- Preparing a variety of oral and written presentations to define management's best course of action, meet long range objectives and short term goals
- Managing time and attendance records, initiating personnel and payroll actions, and planning and arranging for a full range of office services and related support
- Scheduling meetings and coordinating all travel arrangements for the office
- Composing, proofreading and typing correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of brief oral or written instructions
- Participating in complex projects to support program office
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542388700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.