*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL, UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE AND UNITED STATES POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE EMPLOYEES. OTHER APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.Learn more about this agency
This announcement provides the opportunity for a reassignment/promotion to the position of Audit Manager or Audit Evaluator Manager position in the Supply Management and Facilities directorates located in Bethesda, MD.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience. This position is being advertised at the Manager Band level, equivalent to a GS-14.The salary range for this position is $95,621.00 - $122,810.00. The salary figures does not include locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire.
The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Manages auditors responsible for performing audits, evaluations, assessments, and/or reviews
- Schedules projects and staff assignments and manages budget so as to comply with the organization's needs. Reviews and approves the objective, scope, and methodology of each project
- Manages audit projects to ensure that professional standards are maintained in the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases and in the accumulation of evidentiary data that is technically sound and meet OIG and professional standards
- Provides technical expertise, support and guidance to auditors on administrative activities
- Prepares various reports, correspondence, and briefings
- Presents oral briefings to management
- Manage auditors responsible for accumulating data, maintaining records, and preparing periodic reports to Congress and senior management on audit activities
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542356300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.