About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Works under the very general administrative direction of the Chief, Engineering and Technical Services who makes assignments of a very broad and general nature covering short term program execution, long range planning, and workforce management. Independently meets organization and program objectives in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage a large operations program with geographically dispersed Area Offices; Plans operating programs for Division, organizing personnel and facilities to meet changing conditions, maintaining FTE levels within current authorizations.
- Manage funds allocated for the various projects, and establishing schedules which comply with proposed completion dates.
- Directs the preparation of technical specifications and Government estimates for plant modification, improvements, prepares and minor enhancements.
- Oversees the development and implementation of an $80 million dollar annual operating budget for the Operations and Maintenance Program.
- Conducts all other aspects of planning and programming maintenance dredging work.
- Oversees preparation of the Operation and Maintenance Budget and presentation/defense of the Budget request to the Deputy DE for Program Management and the Project Review Board (PRB).
- Briefs high visibility Operation and Maintenance projects at the monthly Project Review Board meetings and principal advisor to Ch/ETS and DE on Operations and Maintenance matters and at other times through both oral and written communication.
- Organizes, advises, directs, and coordinates the work and activities of approximately 200 engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative personnel and wage system employees.
- Collaborates with heads of other Branches in Engineering, Planning, Real Estate, and Programs and Project Management Divisions to negotiate, decide on, and/or coordinate work support supplied by these organizations.
- Plans work to be accomplished by staff, sets priorities, prepares work schedules, and makes assignments.
- Frequently confers with regional staff and top ranking local officials of other Federal agencies, heads and high level staff of state agencies, elected and appointed State and Local officials, congressional representatives and/or their key staff.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 20 % of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542316000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.