About the Position: This position is located on Fort Shafter, Hawaii, which is near the Historical Palm Circle on the island of Oahu. For information about Hawaii, the island of Oahu and US Army Pacific, visit: http://www.hvcb.org and https://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/usarpacLearn more about this agency
- Support Protocol Director/Chief in managing the command protocol program.
- Expert advisor to the Commanding General, Deputy Commanding General for U. S. Army Reserve, Deputy Commanding General for Army National Guard, Chief of Staff, Command Sergeant Major (Command Group), and Major Subordinate Commands.
- Subject matter expert in all matters pertaining to proper ceremonial forms, honors, courtesies, etiquette, and other protocol issues.
- Serve as liaison with various foreign embassies, Congressional staff offices, and other protocol activities.
- U. S. Army Pacific Command Program Manager for the Secretary of the Army representation funds.
- Manage a protocol budget and maintain international and domestic accounts.
- Responsible for budgeting, purchasing, staffing all fund requests, and maintaining the controlled inventory to the Foreign Dignitary Gift Closet.
- Responsible for all records of expenditures for official dinners, luncheons, receptions, and social events hosted by the Commanding General, Deputy Commanding General, Deputy Commanding General for U. S. Army Reserve and Army National Guard.
- Supervise staff of the Protocol Office.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542309300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.