This position is located in the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch, Data Production Division, National Agricultural Library of the United States Department of Agriculture.Learn more about this agency
This position will be responsible for ensuring the cataloging and indexing agricultural and scientific information for online bibliographic databases as well as coordinating cooperative cataloging and data input projects with other institutions and various organizations of international, national, regional and local levels
- Designing, testing, and implementation of automated systems to aid staff in performing bibliographic control functions.
- Creates metadata and classifies materials, primarily continuing resources, involving scientific and technical information related to the agricultural and biological sciences.
- Responsible for overseeing the use of NAL library management system or Integrated Library System (ILS) in the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch.
- Prepares a variety of special reports involving issues, activities, projects, operations, problems, etc of the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch.
- Communicates with Librarians, scientist, computer specialist within NAL and other USDA divisions and Federal agencies to understand both the needs of the patrons and the trends and new directions in the cataloging world.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542266700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.